Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can participate?
- How much can I give through this program?
- How do I participate?
- Can I pay by credit card?
- Do I have to include payment with my application form when mailing to Apogee?
- Who is Apogee?
- What happens when I mail my contribution package to the SSO?
- I like to make my charitable contributions at the end of the year. Can I just wait and make this contribution in December?
- Can I split my gift between two or more schools?
- By participating in this program, I’m not writing a check to Paideia. Will I still get “credit” for my gift?
- I contributed $2500 through the FATC, will this fulfill my Annual Fund pledge?
- If I choose to contribute, will that mean that less tax money is going to public schools?
- How does Paideia determine which students receive financial aid through this program?
- I’ve heard that some families are even getting MORE money back on taxes beyond the tax credit itself. Is that true?
- Is my contribution considered a charitable deduction on my federal tax return in addition to the Georgia tax credit?
- I pay my taxes quarterly. Can I reduce my quarterly state tax payment by the amount of my contribution to the FATC program?
- What happens if my donation exceeds my tax liability?
- How do I claim the credit at tax time?
- What documentation is required for filing my taxes?
- Donor Details
- Steps to your Tax Credit
- Corporate Participants
- Apogee Scholarship Fund
- Pass-Through Taxpayer Opportunity