Effective Date: December 15, 2021
Last Updated: December 15, 2021
- How The Paideia School Collects and Uses Information About You
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Sharing Personal Information
- International Transfer
- Your Privacy Choices
- Links to Other Websites
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
- Contact Us
How The Paideia School Collects and Uses Information About You
Information We Collect from You
We collect information, including personal information, from school applicants, parents, alumni, job applicants, internship applicants and other visitors to our Sites. We use the term “Personal Information” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you.
You may choose to provide us with Personal Information about yourself, including your name, email address, and phone number, along with other Personal Information when you complete forms on our website, including, for example, when you submit an application for an internship, submit a request for more information about The Paideia School, donate to the school, submit an application on behalf of your child(ren) or purchase an item from our online store, among others.
We also collect some data automatically when you visit our Sites. This data may include information about your operating system version, browser type, IP address and internet service provider. We also collect information about your interaction with our Sites, such as creating or logging into your account, and when you use our Sites, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs.
Information We Collect from Third Party Sources
We sometimes collect Personal Information about you or your school applicant from third party sources, which may include service providers, such as technology applications that we use in the school setting, standardized test administrators and references, which may include test results and educational history. If you are a job applicant, we may collect information from third party sources concerning your education and professional history. We may also collect information from publicly available sources.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information that you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to your request;
- To communicate with you;
- To establish and maintain an account for you on the Sites;
- To tailor our Sites to your preferences;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our programs and our Sites;
- To evaluate an application that you submit for an opportunity, including an application to the school, an application for an internship, or for a job opening;
- To process your donation to The Paideia School and to maintain records of your gift;
- To process your purchase via the online store and to complete the transaction at your request;
- To comply with and enforce, as needed, applicable legal requirements, our policies and our contractual rights, and judicial or governmental orders or a similar legal process.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in limited circumstances, including:
- In our school directories and when we have your consent to share your Personal Information, such as when you ask us to provide information to other schools;
- To our agents, advisors, consultants, and other third party service providers who assist us with our operations;
- To other third parties when we have your consent or are otherwise permitted by law to do so; and
- As needed to enforce our rights, and to protect the rights, property and safety of others and to support external audit and similar functions. We will disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law.
Your Privacy Choices
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Information. Whenever you choose to visit our Sites, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you. In addition, if you believe that the Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
Links to Other Websites
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than The Paideia School. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of other websites, you should contact the relevant parties controlling these websites for more information.
How We Protect Personal Information
The Paideia School maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information and other information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we and/or our service providers use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Information.
Although we take reasonable steps designed to protect your Personal Information, please be advised that no security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure (including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks). We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information or any information you disclose or transmit to us. We are not responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
The Paideia School does not track its Site visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
How to Contact Us
By writing to us:
The Paideia School
1509 Ponce De Leon Ave
Atlanta, Georgia 30307