Paideia School, a private, non-sectarian day school enrolling approximately 1,000 children pre-school through 12th grade seeks a part-time Human Resource and Benefits Coordinator.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an established and reputable organization. Primary responsibilities for this position include oversight of all employee benefit programs, including health insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability and our workman’s compensation program. Specific Human Resource and Benefits Coordinator duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer employee benefits and ensure effective and timely communication with employees.
- Maintain secure and confidential human resource-related files and records.
- Implement and maintain a robust HR related portion on the school’s intranet for faculty and staff, containing descriptions of available benefits, all benefit-related forms, relevant provider contact details, and monthly updates and benefit-related news.
- Create an employee education plan promoting wellness, specifically how to be a good consumer of benefits offered.
- Maintain and develop-when necessary-the School’s personnel policies and procedures, relevant employee handbook sections and personnel forms, as well as recommend changes to school administration.
- Oversee correct FLSA classification of jobs. Prepare and maintain job descriptions for faculty and staff.
- Ensure that all remittances and payments to benefit providers, including health insurance, are timely and accurate.
- Assure compliance with laws and regulations relating to all employee and employment matters and ensure timely filing of all regulatory reports, including ACA reports, with the appropriate agencies.
- Complete government surveys, as well as IRS required filings such as the Form 1095.
- Coordinate and manage leaves as required by federal, state and local law and integrating these with the School’s internal policies.
- Complete notices and paperwork for existing faculty and staff and oversee the off-boarding process.
- Meet with faculty and staff request related to human resource and benefit issues and work with our benefit providers on their behalf.
- Consult with administrators and employees to resolve personnel issues.
The Human Resource and Benefits Coordinator position will work closely with the Director of Business and Finance. The position requires an individual who is able to communicate tactfully and effectively, in addition to having strong technical skills in areas related to human resources principles, procedures and practices. The position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Human Resources certification such as PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc. is a plus.
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, ADA, ACA, ERISA, and FLSA and other (health insurance, disability, dental, etc.) benefit administration.
- A consistent employment history with the ability to succeed.
- High proficiency working with Microsoft Excel and Word and ability to work well in an automated environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team when necessary.
- Highly developed organizational skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, functions, and activities effectively.
- Ability to think logically, make decisions, exercise good judgement, and resolve problems: must be able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion and integrity.
Paideia School offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with level of experience, plus benefits.
Paideia School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with interest in developing diversity within the faculty and student body. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, national origin, or disability.