Reports to: Head of School
Institution: The Paideia School, founded by parents in 1971, is a fully accredited K-12 independent school of 1,025 students located in the Druid Hills neighborhood of Atlanta. The school draws heavily from the Emory, CDC, and Georgia Tech communities. Paideia seeks to promote the intellectual, artistic, and personal development of each child, to encourage lifelong learning, to inspire social responsibility, and to work closely with parents to assist them in the education of their children. Over the last 50 years, Paideia has become one of Atlanta’s leading independent schools, known for strong academics, socio-economic diversity, exceptional arts, community service, competitive athletics, and a vibrant community spirit.
- Works closely with the Head of School, board of trustees, the business office and volunteer leadership to establish goals and strategies for the school’s development effort. Serves as a member of the school’s senior administrative team.
- Manages the day-to-day operation and supervises the staff of the Development Office.
- Organizes and oversees all fundraising initiatives including capital campaigns, annual funds and the Ga. State Tax Credit Program. Supervises prospect management, major gifts operations, foundation relations, planned giving initiatives, cultivation and stewardship programs.
- Develops relations with various constituencies including parents, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, foundations, and friends of the school for the purposes of cultivation for Annual and Major Giving and volunteer efforts. Works with Annual Fund Manager to identify volunteer and fundraising leadership. Works with Alumni Relations to identify alumni and alumni parent leadership and to cultivate involvement.
- Directs foundation relations including proposal development, reporting and stewardship.
- Oversees the development office’s role in a variety of school wide functions including, but not limited to Grandparents’ Day and the Annual Auction. Consults with Director of Parent Involvement to oversee all school wide issues relating to smaller fundraisers.
- Oversees donor-tracking system including gift history and research. Oversees office procedures including database management, gift processing, acknowledgements, accounting, and preparation of reports. Responsible for all IRS compliance matters.
- Manages all development publications including the Annual Donor Report, campaign materials, alumni communications and general solicitations. Works closely with the Director of Communications on other school wide publications as needed.
- Initiates and oversees events including cultivation, stewardship, alumni reunion, teacher appreciation and special events as assigned by the Head of School.
Applicants should have BA and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Director of Development. Some experience working on a major capital campaign is preferred.