How to Give
Here are just some of the ways in which donors financially support the school:
- Donors can mail a check donation to the school. Checks should be payable to “Paideia School” and mailed to Paideia School, Attn: Development, 1509 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30307.
- Donors may make an online pledge or gift via credit card on our Online Giving page.
- Donors can make a credit card gift via phone by calling Dorothy Love at 404-270-2358.
- Gifts of stock are another way to support the needs of the school and provide tax wise benefits. Instructions on donating stock are located on our Stock Transfer Instructions page.
- There are sometimes opportunities to make an in-kind donation for a special project or need at Paideia. Please contact Dorothy Love at 404-270-2358 to discuss your in-kind gift.
The development staff is always available to help you determine how best you can support Paideia. Feel free to contact Melissa Walden, director of development, at 404-270-2337 if you have any questions.
Regardless of how you give, and what you give to, Paideia is grateful for your support.
June 30th and December 31st - why are those dates important?
There are two very important dates to keep in mind when making a gift to Paideia. In order for you to receive tax deductibility for your gift, you must get your gift in before the end of the calendar year. As long as you make an online gift before midnight on December 31st, that gift counts in that tax year. If you mail in a check, the letter must be postmarked on December 31st in order to count in the calendar year. And if you are physically dropping off a check, you must bring it to the Development offices at 1341 Ponce de Leon by 5pm on December 31st for the gift to be counted in the calendar year.
Paideia operates on a fiscal year calendar that ends on June 30th. This date is important because all the cash raised for the year must be by the close of business on June 30th in order for it to be included in the audit and budget for the school. It is important to make sure all your pledge payments due during the fiscal year and any cash you would like to be included in the fiscal year must be physically received by the school by close of business on June 30th.