The mission of the Paideia Library is to meet the information, research and pleasure reading needs of the high school students, faculty, and staff. Program research skills are integrated into the curriculum, and are taught in conjunction with class projects as they are assigned. Pleasure reading is promoted through the publication of extensive annotated summer reading for students. These lists are also available online.
The Paideia junior high and high school library is located on the east side of the high school building, just off the commons area.
Access the library 24/7 through the Paideia Library website. Click this catalog link to search the online catalog.
- Books - junior high and high school collection contains approximately 12,000 print volumes. Elementary collection of 8,000 volume available as needed
- Parent/Teacher Collection - Over 600 books and videotapes includes learning difference and college planning resources.
- Video/DVD Collection – 1,100+ titles
- Audiobooks - The 100-title-and-growing collection (on cassette & CD) is linked to junior high and high school literature selections and award-winning fiction and non-fiction for teens.
- Periodicals - 35 print magazine subscriptions and the daily Atlanta Journal & Constitution and New York Times. Back issues and articles from hundreds more titles are available online through ProQuest and SIRS.
- Online Databases - The library purchases annual subscriptions to five internet databases, and has access to others through print subscriptions. These are described in the Online Databases section.
- Internet Access- Eight Macintosh workstations for accessing the catalog and the Internet for online research.
- Photocopier - 10¢ per copy
- Librarian - The single best resource in any library (school, public, private or university) is its people. They know the collection, how to use the electronic tools, the teachers, the kinds of research expected, and can be helpful with grammar and writing questions. They love to help readers find just the right book. They are there to help you. Get to know and use this valuable resource.
General Library Policies
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.
- Students must be quiet and behave appropriately while in the library. Priority is given to maintaining an environment for studying and quiet research.
- Cell phone use is not allowed.
- Students must follow Paideia’s Acceptable Use Policy when using school Internet connections.